4Play® MPEG-4 Video Encoding Engine
PlayMedia’s 4Play® SPE MPEG-4 Video Encoding Engine offers the following features and benefits:
- 100% Fixed Point, 32-bit Implementation, designed for full portability to leading microprocessor architectures
- 4Play® MPEG-4 Video Encoding Engine is currently optimized for the following Platform/OS combinations:
- ARM Based (Generic ARM, XScale)/WinCE
- ARM Based (Generic ARM, XScale, WMMX)/Linux
- Input formats include RGB and YUV variants
- Fully compliant with MPEG-4 Simple Profile or H.263
- Motion estimation algorithm selection (high performance platforms can use benefits of advanced motion estimation algorithms)
- Designed to be the highest quality, lowest cost and most marketing-flexible solution for MPEG-4 video rendering
- PlayMedia’s corresponding 4Play® SPD MPEG-4 Video Decoder available now.
- PlayMedia’s corresponding 4Play® Streaming Server scheduled for release Q1-2005.
Contact PlayMedia today about how our flexible licensing for our MPEG-4 Codec solutions can enable you to offer the highest quality at the lowest per unit cost.